CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Year 2018

I was typing the date today to generate the census report for the patients in the hospital when I accidentally wrote 2018.

Whoa. Two thousand eighteen is so far away.

Oh wait, it's only ten years.

Wow.

Will that be the only time I type 10/16/2018 to generate a census report, or will I be here in ten years on this date doing the same thing?

Those were the thoughts going through my head. At first I got excited about the thought of what I'd be doing in ten years, because it most likely would involve me being a mommy, which I so look forward to. Then the unknown soon hit me with fear. What will I be doing up until that ten years? Working here, at a different job, will I have gone to grad school, will I have my own little piano students or music therapy clients, will we live in a new house, a new town, will Thumper be old and have no energy left, will Chad's job still be bringing home the bacon? So many unkowns, and that's okay, because God is in control and these are not things I will have to worry about.

But you know what I can predict about myself in ten years? I will be 50 pounds lighter than I am right now. :)

1 comments:

Christie said...

Or maybe you will be pregnant with your 5th child! Hehe